How healthy are your gums?
Check the health of your gums by asking yourself the following questions:
- Are your gums swollen? (Compare the appearance of your gums with those in the picture of healthy gums to the right)
- Do your gums bleed when you brush your teeth or when you use a toothpick or other cleaning device?
- Have your gums shrunk back or receded, so that your teeth appear longer?
- Are you aware of any loosening of your teeth?
- Do you have persistent bad breath?
- Do you see any yellowish, pus-like fluid at the gum line when you massage your gums?
- Have your teeth drifted or changed position or have any gaps appeared between them?
- Have your parents or siblings lost teeth prematurely due to tooth loosening?
If you have answered one or more of these questions with ‘yes’, you should consider contacting your dental practice for a periodontal assessment.
Your feedback has been received.